Well, would you look at that. I was nominated for an award! Isn’t that exciting?! I’d like to thank Briana for nominating me!
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine blogger award is an award given by bloggers to other bloggers to help recognize those in the blogging community. It’s a chance to connect with other bloggers and show appreciation for your hard work. All nominees answer the questions provided for them for the person who nominated them. Then the nominee will choose 11 more bloggers and ask them to answer 11 new questions.
Here are the questions:
1. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
I just love to write and share my thoughts, and hopefully teach someone something. Maybe open their minds to different points of view, maybe to let them know they’re alright just the way they are, maybe even bring some laughter into their lives. I don’t talk much, so this gives me a way to let out anything I may be holding, both good and bad.
2. What is your biggest accomplishment so far?
Honestly? Sticking with this. I know I didn’t do a lot of blogging last year, but, I came back full steam. I told Mom I wanted to quit college to be a writer, she said start with a blog, and six years later, I’m still writing. I’d call that an accomplishment.
3. Do you have a favorite blogger and if so who is it and why?
I don’t have a favorite blogger. In fact, I haven’t really found any bloggers until just recently through Twitter. I’ve gotten so many followers within the past month, I haven’t had any time to read their blogs and follow them back. My life’s been crazy lately. But I’m sure I’ll find one.
4. What else do you do besides blogging?
I work a lot, five days in a deli. And on my days off, I just lay around. It’s sad, really. I get more done in my head, then actually doing anything. I’ve already designed and sewn two dresses, organized my room, finished editing a novel, and written and self-published a short story…in my head, of course. I like to think a lot. I get a lot of thinking done when I’m not blogging.
5. If you could be any animal, what would it be and why?
A horse. Or a bird. I love horses, though. It’s my Chinese zodiac sign. But I also love birds, crows especially. And eagles. I’m not good at answering questions sometimes. I’m quite indecisive.
6. Advice for someone who wants to start a blog?
Do it! Haha, that’s kind of common advice. Actually, I have three rules of blogging.
- If you want to blog, then blog. There’s no rule that says you have to stick with it forever if you don’t want to. If you write a couple of posts and you decide it’s not for you, then so be it. At least you tried. If you get rid of it, then you decide you want to try again, then try again!
- Do it for yourself. Don’t do it because your friends are. Some people are better talkers, than they are writers (unlike myself). Some people don’t like writing, and that’s cool. Don’t blog because you think you’ll make money right off the bat, either. Do it for you. I like to call this blog my public diary. This is something I can go back through and see what I was writing about at the same time six years ago. It’s a place for me to put up an “alter of remembrance” so to speak. It’s for me first, but it’s also for anyone who comes across it.
- Follow your own rules. Find things that work for other people (for example, publishing posts on a regular schedule), and try them. But if they don’t work for you, don’t get discouraged. I followed a schedule once (one post ever Saturday), and three out of the four posts in the month would be, “Nothing happened this week.” So, I quit that and started publishing posts whenever I felt like it. And it’s freed me to the point that I write more posts. Try new things, but make them fit for you. The main objective of blogging is to make sure it’s still fun six months down the road.
7. Where is someplace you would like to travel to on your bucket list?
Well, funny thing. When I first started writing this post, I was in an airport on my way to Israel. Now, I’m back and sitting in my den. So, Israel is already checked off. I would absolutely love to go to Singapore. It looks absolutely beautiful and I want to go.
8. Summarize your life in three songs.
I can’t guarantee that you’ll know these three songs, but maybe you’ll look them up and find new music.
- Be Somebody- Thousand Foot Krutch
- We all wanna be somebody, we just need a taste of who we are. We all wanna be somebody. We’re willing to go but not that far.
- Grace- Phil Wickham
- I need eyes to be my guide. I need a voice that’s louder than mine.
- Walk By Faith- Jeremy Camp
- Will I believe You when You say, Your hand will guide my every way?
9. What is your favorite post that you have written so far?
I love every single post that I have written. Each one is different from the last. I went through some of my posts, and I smiled at every one of them. They each conjure up emotions and memories that I could never place above the other.
10. If you could work with any brand or company, who would it be?
Some sort of travel company. I just came back from Israel, and Mom and I are looking for opportunities to go back. We instantly fell in love with the land as soon as we saw it out of the plane window. I feel like I’m on vacation now because Israel felt more like home than America does.
11. What are your goals for 2018?
Publish something. A short story, a novel, a collections of poems. I’ve been itching for a few years to publish something, but things always get in the way. Not this year! What makes me happy is that my goal isn’t anchored to a specific month. I have a year (well, nine months). I also want to beat my “Best Views Ever” goal. I’m currently at 63 views, and that was back in December of 2016.
Here are my questions:
- How long have you been writing your blog? What made you want to start it?
- What was the hardest thing you wrote about?
- What would you like to do differently with your blog?
- What’s your favorite thing that you’ve ever eaten? Your least favorite?
- Do you still live where you grew up? If not, tell us your journey.
- What’s been your biggest struggle in life?
- Have you overcome it? If so, how? If not, what steps are you taking to overcome it?
- What is your favorite animal? Your least favorite?
- What is your favorite geographical structure (mountains, lakes, plateaus, deserts, etc.)?
- If your life, as a whole, were a color, what color would it be?
- What are your short term goals? Long term goals?
My nominations are:
Here’s the thing, I can’t just nominate eleven people. I think it should be open for anyone who wants to answer these questions. Sarah, that’s not fair. You need to follow the rules. I learn the rules so I know how to break them. Besides, I’ll probably pick people who have already been nominated.
So, if you have never been nominated for an award, I nominate you!
Thank you for reading! I always enjoy answering questions and letting people get to know me a little better. Until next time!