Wow! Another one? This time, a big “Thank you” goes out to Mel (link goes to her award post)! She actually tagged me in it last month, but I just got back from a trip.
Before I get on with it, I must pass along the rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their website / blog.
- Answer the questions they asked you.
- Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 other bloggers you think deserve the award.
- Come up with 11 new questions to ask your nominees.
- Most importantly, have fun with it!
Alright! Are we ready? Let’s go!
Have you played / do you play a sport?
- I do not. I loved playing basketball in gym in High School, and sometimes I liked to hit a tennis ball with a racket (not playing tennis), but I was never on an actual team.
If you were an ice cube, would you rather be dropped into a glass of soda or a glass of juice?
- Juice! Because that would mean that whoever is drinking me, is drinking something healthy.
You wake up in another body. Whose body is it?
- A cat’s. I would love to be a cat (but hopefully not forever, because I’d want to come back and write about my experience).
- *Well, I see this answer works for question 9, so, let’s see… I really don’t have an answer for this question. Probably my mom so we can have a Freaky Friday experience.
You find $20 in your pocket. What would you spend that money on?
- Nothing, I’d stick it in my drawer with all of my other money so I can save up for another trip.
Would you rather go to school / work without any footwear or go to school / work with 3 pairs of pants on?
- No footwear. I don’t like shoes anyway. Though that’d be dangerous for me because I work in a deli, and I got quite a bad burn on my foot with shoes. But I don’t want to wear three pairs of pants because, well, it’s hot back there as it is.
What’s something that everyone looks stupid doing?
- I know these answers are supposed to be fun and lighthearted, but the first answer that came to my head for this one, is complaining. I know I should say something like picking their nose, but if people would trade complaining for picking their nose, this world would be much happier place.
What’s the weirdest thing you’ve seen at school / work?
- My coworkers. Just kidding! No, but seriously…
You were caught cheating on an exam during school. Which class was that exam for?
- History! Math I can do, Science I can do, English…well, I’ll scrape by. But History. Oh Lord, History…
You die and realize that you can come back as any animal (other than human) of your choosing. What would you come back as?
- I just said cat up on question 3! Well, I’ll change that answer, and say cat. I love cats. Ok, ok, and birds, maybe I’ll be bird. Or a horse…
You attend your friend’s wedding and the cake is accidentally tipped over and spilled all over the floor, and it happened to be your fault, but no one knows that. Do you come clean, or stay quiet?
- Why was I by the cake in the first place? Honestly, I don’t think I’d come clean. I’d like to say that I would, and my friend wouldn’t be angry and we’d have s’mores instead…actually, that sounds good.
You are fighting a demon with your best friend and your significant other, on a cliff. The demon strikes your best friend, who flies over the cliff and manages to hang on to the edge of the cliff with one hand. Distracted by that event, the demon grabs your significant other and holds his knife over his / her throat. The demon tells you that you can save only one, and if you try to save both, all of you will die. What do you do?
- I’d look the demon straight in the eyes and tell ’em, “In the name of Jesus, flee before me seven ways!” Then he’d disappear (because all demons must leave at the sound of Jesus’ name), and my significant other and I can help my best friend. And they all lived happily ever after. The end.
I notice that I may or may not take things a little too seriously sometimes…
Ok, 11 facts about me! I’ll probably repeat a lot of them from six years of blogging. But if this is your first blog post of mine, welcome!
- I’m an INFJ (Introvert iNtuitive Feeling Judging). Basically, I’m an introvert who can switch to being an extrovert on a dime (whether I feel like it or not), I follow my heart more often than my brain, and I judge based on multiple factors rather than my own sensing.
- If you’re interested in finding out your personality, click here. There are 64 questions, but it’s a lot of fun. And no, I don’t base my life solely around what this description tells me about myself, it’s just an interesting read.
- I love to travel. I’ve been to England, Scotland, Ireland, and Israel. Israel is my favorite, with Ireland being a close second. I want to go to Singapore at some point.
- I’m left handed! I’m quite proud of this fact.
- I’m a published author. A self published author, to be exact. I had a work accident four years ago that led me to sitting in a chair for about a month. I couldn’t do anything, so I thought I’d write. I wrote a short story, thought it was good enough to publish, so I did it myself. Honestly, publishing is like getting a tattoo. You do it once, you want to do it again, and again, and…
- I have four tattoos. I got my first one a week after my 21st birthday, and I got my most recent one a month ago in Israel. And yes, I can’t wait to get another one. I have a Zelda one in mind, but I’m looking for a Zelda fan to do it.
- My musical tastes range from orchestra, to acoustic, to screamo. Yeah, and throw some rap/hip-hop in there while you’re at it.
- According to my AncestryDNA, I’m 1% African. I have no idea where that came from. I thought it came from my mom, because she was always told by dentists that she had the jaw structure of someone from Africa, but when we did her DNA, that never showed up. So, I don’t know about that one.
- I’m a third generation born American. My dad’s dad (my grandfather) was the first born, back in 1925. His two siblings were born in Scotland.
- I love to procrastinate. I’m surprised that I even made it this far…
- I’m quite indecisive. I’m constantly telling myself what I’m going to do, then two minutes later, taking it back and thinking of better things to do. This is especially that case at work. When I hand out job duties, my coworker will be on their way to doing what I told them to do, but then I see something else that needs to be done, and then I tell them to not do what I just said, and to do something else. Two minutes later, I tell them never mind and to do the thing I said to do in the first place. Then I sigh really loud and tell them to do whatever they want and I’ll do whatever they don’t choose. I’m weird.
- Some people collect figurines, I collect pens. I love to collect pens. But, it has to be the right pen. Like, I go through a grueling process when it comes to what kind of pen I’m going to allow my writerly hands to behold. PaperMate is my go-to, but I love gel pens. Just recently, I found a Pilot pen that’s gel and erasable. Pilot-1 PaperMate-0 (don’t get it twisted, I still love you, PaperMate). The link goes to Amazon, but I got mine at Target.
- NOTE: Apparently, the ink will disappear if the paper gets too hot (read the reviews on the link above).
- Ok, now I want to do a blog post about my favorite pens. #WriterLyfe
Oh wow, I’m done! Now all I have to do is tag some people…
In my last award post, I nominated anyone who had never been nominated for an award. I think I’ll do that again! I know that’s not what the rules say to do, but I learn the rules so I know how to break them (there goes that INFJ in me).
Here are my 11 questions:
- Besides money, fame, or a boyfriend/girlfriend, what is one thing that, if you found it, would make you the happiest person in the world?
- What is your favorite memory attached to your favorite season?
- If you could make any new flavor of coffee/tea, what would it be?
- What is the first CD you remember buying/listening to? Book?
- How would you describe your life if it were a video game?
- I were to turn on your car radio, what would be the first thing I’d hear?
- Do you have any quirks that you do to comfort yourself? If so, what is it/are they?
- Have you ever been out of the country? If so, where have you gone? If not, where would you like to go?
- What’s one “old school” thing you wish would come back?
- If you could be any reptile, what would you be?
- Do you have a favorite speech by someone? If so, what is it? (This can be from anyone, real or fictional).
That last question is awesome! My mother came up with it.
Alright people, get to it! Please let me know if you nominated yourself so I can read your posts. I can’t wait!
Until next time! And don’t forget to keep exploring those boundaries.