Hello again! It’s been a long time, hasn’t it? I apologize for that. I have a list of blog posts that I need to write, but I have had neither the time nor the energy to do so. But, I seem to have found both at this moment, so I’m taking it!
I have, once again, been nominated for the Sunshine Award! Thank you to Kayla over at Uniquely Minded for nominating me!
Here are the rules, before we get started:
- What is this Sunshine Blogger Award?
It’s basically recognition given to fellow bloggers in the community who share positivity, inspire and bring sunshine into the lives of our readers.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you by linking their blog
- Answer the questions
- Nominate 11 blogs with 11 questions
- List the rules as well as display the Sunshine Award Logo on your post
Here are my questions from Kayla:
- What made you start your blog specifically?
I started because I wanted to be a writer, and my mother suggested that I start with a blog.
- What is your biggest inspiration in life?
My biggest inspiration in life, is life itself. Life, and the people in it. There are so many things that go on in peoples’ lives that are the same to a certain point, then they go off in different directions. Even if the situations are the same, the thoughts that go through each persons’ head can differ, and that is what amazes me, and makes me want to write.
- Favorite blogs at the moment?
I actually haven’t been able to read too many lately. I can’t seem to find the time to read one for even five minutes.
- What’s your favorite animal, and why?
That’s a tough question. I love all animals. I don’t know if I really have a favorite. I love birds. Crows in particular. Recently I’ve really been into foxes and opossums. I also love horses (maybe because I’m a Sagittarius, and my Chinese zodiac is a horse).
- Best life advice you have to offer?
Shut up. Get over it. Nobody cares. Stop being so offended.*
*I know this sounds harsh, negative, and maybe even cynical. And it can be, if not taken correctly. I’m not depressed, or negative. In fact, I am one of the most positive people you will ever meet. But I’m also a realist, and I’ve been through some things. And honestly, this is my best life advice. I’m positive because I follow this. This is the most freeing thing that I’ve come to learn. After you’re dead, does anything really matter anymore? Does anything that offended you even matter? Will you seriously remember what you were offended by in a year from now? Ten years? If you yell, and scream, and complain, people who don’t want to listen to you, won’t. Then who really cares? You?
I’m not saying that what you care about doesn’t matter. But if you care about something that doesn’t directly affect you, or you care about something that you’re not doing anything about, chances are, it doesn’t matter.
- Biggest life challenge you’ve overcome?
Wondering why my dad wasn’t around. I grew up wondering what it was about me that made him not come around. It wasn’t until a few years ago when I realized, it wasn’t me, it was him.
You know, someone can tell you all day long that it has nothing to do with you, but until you believe it, it won’t matter. I feel bad for my mother because I didn’t believe her, but I had to go through what I did.
- What’s your highest achievement?
Not punching someone in the face. Seriously.
Getting out of bed is a close second.*
*Again, not depressed, just fed up with life.
- What’s your favorite part about blogging?
Having my own little corner of the internet to talk about what I want to talk about, putting my stamp on this world. And, giving people the choice to read it or not. That’s what I like. It’s out there for me, but if you’re interested, it’s out there for you too.
- What other passions do you have besides blogging?
Music! I love to listen to music and analyze it, and learn about it, and research it, and listen to different types, and figure out what sounds came from what eras, and pick those different sounds out in mainstream music today.
I also love photography. Although I haven’t done a lot of it lately, and that makes me sad.
- What are your plans this summer? Any vacations? Goals?
*I was tagged back in April, so I’m going to switch this questions and tell you what I did during the summer:
- What do you love about yourself? Name at least one quality!
I love that I listen. Growing up with a stutter, I learned to be quiet and not talk (that was until I went to therapy, then my teachers couldn’t get me to shut up). But that time led me to be who I am today, and it seems to draw people to me who just need a listening ear. Even if it’s for a moment, I was able to help someone. We all need to vent every once in a while.
Alright, that’s it! Now it’s time to tag some people:
- Ivy at Ivy Rose Knows
- Morgie at Morgie Reacts
- Alyssa at The Wise Willow
- Kealy at Undoubtedly Young
- Hayley at Hsaysblog
- Rebekah at The Thoughts That Bind
- Samantha at Old Fashioned Farmhouse
- Cally at Love Cally
- Elin at Elin’s Era
- Victoria at Twenty Five Thoughts
- Alyssa at Cocoa And Curls
Now, I need some questions for these lovely young ladies to answer!
- How often do you publish blog posts?
- How do you come up with post ideas?
- What is one thing about you that makes you shrug your shoulders and say, “That’s just the way I am?”
- What is one thing that is getting attention these days, that you wish wouldn’t?
- What was the latest good thing that you did for someone else?
- What is one t.v. show/movie series that you think has gone on long enough?
- What is something that you need to be more patient with?
- What is something that you do dangerously?
- What is something that someone told you about you, that you didn’t notice until they mentioned it?
- Where would you like your next big adventure to be?
- Why do you do what you do?
Thank you guys so much for reading! I hope you all have a wonderful day and I shall talk to you all very soon (probably in a month because I don’t post like I used to).