Mom and I did a thing. We like to try out hand at (some) crafts we see on Facebook. Some turn out, some don’t.
I like some of these, but others, not so much. Mom loves them. I really wish I had her eyes. She just likes the fact that we got up and attempted it. She looks at the action, I look at the outcome.
Here’s what you need:
- A shallow baking pan
- Shaving Cream-We used dollar store stuff, which was kind of watery, but we achieved our desired effect (we think). Try different brands to see what works best for you
- Thick card stock (we used printer paper, just to figure out what we were doing. We also grabbed canvas later on, along with some towels, as an experiment).
- Food coloring (we also used acrylic paint, which also worked).
- Some sort of smoother/mixer (we used a spatula).
- I think the wax paper was to put the spatulas on/wipe them off.
Here’s what you do:
- Spray a layer of shaving cream into the baking pan.
- Put drops of desired color(s) of food coloring onto the shaving cream.
- Use your smoother to make a design in the shaving cream.
- Firmly push card stock/canvas into the shaving cream (so the design goes onto whatever you’re using).
- Scrape off shaving cream with…something. I can’t remember what we used, maybe the other spatula. No…a bread cutter?
- You can also let the design sit for a minute to let it “dry” on the surface. Experiment to see what works best for you.
- Tada! Let it sit before you do anything with it.
It was messy, but it was fun! The ones on the towel didn’t turn out, but the canvases are pretty cool.
If you decide to try it out, I want to see pictures!
*No, picture 3 does not go with picture 6.