The Liebster Award exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. It pays tribute to new blogs, or blogs with a follower count of less than 1,000–including Twitter.
It follows similar principles to a chain letter, in that it should be passed forward to a certain number of deserving blogs. As Tom Benson (he who nominated she who nominated me) wrote, “It’s fun and does a marketing job for all who participate.” And, as my nominator, Kathy, wrote: The word “liebster” is German in origin and has several definitions, including but not limited to: dearest, sweetest, kindest, pleasant, endearing, lovely, cute, nicest, valued and welcome.
- Link back to the blog that nominated you. In my case: Sarah @ https://unexploredboundaries.wordpress.com
- Answer questions that your nominator has sent their nominees.
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 blogs that have less than 1,000 followers to receive this award.
- Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Contact your nominees and let them know you have nominated them.
Hi! Yes, I was actually nominated a few weeks ago, but I just haven’t gotten around to this. But now I am! My good friend David over at http://just1more.wordpress.com nominated me. Thanks David!
Here are his questions for me (along with my answers):
1. If you could have written any one novel, which would it be and why?
I answered this one, but I shall answer it again for those of you who didn’t read it:
Well, let’s see, have I actually read any novels? That was a joke.
Twilight. I wouldn’t be in the financial situation I’m in now.
Ok, I would so not want to write Twilight. I don’t do romance.
I would have to say Animal Farm by George Orwell. It’s a pretty edgy tale. It’s cryptic and symbolic, and I love symbolism. It basically shows how stupid people are, by using talking animals. That’s my kind of book.
I also love the Narnia series. Man I wish I could do fantasy like Lewis could. Also, symbolism.
2. If you could invite any fictional character round for coffee, who would it be and why?
3. How long did you wait before getting around to/completing this award post?
Let’s see, I was tagged on the 2nd, so…I was supposed to do it last blog post. So, only a week. Yay!
4. If you could change your name (and you can), what would you choose and why?
I wouldn’t. My mother had a dream that she was going to have a girl named Sarah. And Sarah just happens (happened?) to be my dad’s favorite name.
5. What is your favourite word?
Just one? Booooo.
6. Who is your favourite actor?
I’m a big fan of Jensen Ackles. I just cannot get enough of him right now. I wouldn’t say he’s my favorite—I don’t really have a lot of favorites—but I’m a big fan of his.
7. What is your favourite film?
Favorite old film: The Princess Bride
Favorite “new” film (new-ish): School of Rock
Favorite animated film: The Sword In The Stone
8. Who/what is your favourite singer/band?
Jeremy Camp used to be my favorite. He still has a top spot, but Chris August is up there too. I don’t know…
Kutless used to be my favorite band. But I have been utterly unimpressed with them lately. Thousand Foot Krutch is my favorite, for sure. Oh, and Sent By Ravens. TFK is #1, SBR is #1.5.
9. Do you play any musical instruments?
I know how to read sheet music for piano, but I can’t play by it. I can play by ear though! And I can kind of play guitar. I’m not awesome, but I can play any chord…except for B, I can’t play a B chord. Or F. I don’t think.
10. If you could be a dance, which would you be and why?
The Foxtrot. It looks complicated and hard to learn, but once you get it, you got it.
11. Which three words would you be happy if others used to describe you?
Interesting, unusual, odd. Because I am, in fact, all three.
11 random facts about me? Oh Lord…
- I am left handed.
- I have an irrational fear of emergency exit doors. I will not go out of one unless I see someone else go out of it first.
- I was once kidnapped by my aunt (I say kidnapped because she took me without telling anyone where she was taking me). Don’t worry, my mother found me. We don’t remember how though…
- My favorite color is blue. I have an unhealthy attraction to blue. If it’s blue, I want it. If you ever decide to get me something, and it comes in multiple colors, get me blue. You can’t go wrong with blue. Ever. Blue.
- I don’t know my ancestry on my mother’s side because she is adopted. I feel so half empty.
- On my dad’s side, I am Scottish, Irish, and German. My dad once told me I was also French, but when I asked him about it again, he said he never told me that. I even wrote it down. Thanks Dad.
- I have been to England, Scotland, and Ireland. I love Ireland the most.
- I am an only child, if you couldn’t guess in the two years I have been writing this blog.
- I am an INFJ, which means I am both type A and type B. I think that’s why everyone thinks I’m bi-polar.
- I have never had a boyfriend. I’ve come close, but they screwed up at the last second. It’s a personal choice.
- I once had the opportunity to be a model. I didn’t take it because I had to go on a diet, and I like food too much.
Well, there you have it. I forgot to tag people, so if you decide to take on this challenge, here are my eleven questions:
- What is/was your favorite subject in school? Why?
- Least favorite? Why?
- What is your favorite number? Why?
- What is your least favorite color?
- What is something that you like that people would be surprised to know?
- Who is your favorite character in a movie? Why?
- What is your favorite tree?
- What is your favorite computer program?
- What about your favorite app?
- Who is your alter ego? Describe them.
- Why 11 questions? Why?
Alright, I’m done. Talk to you guys next week.
Good night! Good morning! Good everything!