Before I get into the main topic of this post:
So, 4th of July was a bust. We got on the boat, and a minute into the boat ride, the battery died. We had to have another boat bring us back. The burgers were awful, and we didn’t get to see any fireworks. I was very upset.
On Wednesday, Mom noticed a mama cat with four baby kittens. Well, Mama (cat) left and the babies scattered. We caught one, and we were going to bring it inside, but we decided to leave it for when Mama came back. Well, she came back, but she left another baby. So, we took that one inside. It’s downstairs now, we don’t want Shasta to meet it (we don’t know how he’ll react). If Mama comes back, we’ll let this one go. But if she doesn’t, we might have another cat.
Ok, onto other things!
- What is the name of your character? Is he/she fictional or historical? Her name is Talitha. She is a fictional character. She doesn’t have a last name because I haven’t chosen one for her…yet?
- When and Where is the story set? It’s set in Boulder, Colorado, and it takes place in today’s age. Why Colorado? Well, you see, I had an image of a park in which Talitha likes to go. And while looking a pictures of parks, trying to find the right one, I stumbled upon the picture. Seriously, it was like the image in my head. I also looked for pictures of the town she likes to go to, and again, I found the picture. Both of these pictures were of places in Colorado, so I know that’s where it had to take place.
- What should we know about her? She loves her four best friends: David, Isaac, Danielle, and Leah. But, she feels alone. She has made some mistakes in her life, and she doesn’t want to talk about them. She knows her friends are there for her, but they have problems of their own, and she doesn’t want to sound selfish, and burden them with her problems too. While she wants to let go of her guilt, she doesn’t want to just tell someone. She wants someone to tell her they know she’s not alright. She wants someone to let her tell them about what she has done.
- What is the main conflict? What messes up his/her life? I can’t tell you what messes up her life. I can tell you the other thing that messes up her life. Her parents are divorced, and her mother is very angry about it, and takes her anger out on Talitha. The other thing that messes up her life is not only her guilt, but her fear of that guilt. She’s both scared of talking about and not talking about it. What if no one ever lets her talk about it? And if they do, what will they think? What will happen to her then? Will she be happy and free? Or will she feel even more guilty for putting her life on someone else? She has felt this way for so long, that she feels comfortable. It’s a feeling she know she can go back to, because it’s always there, and she knows how to handle it. But she’s so conflicted because she wants to be free of it, but she doesn’t know if she will in the end.
- What is the personal goal of the character? Basically just to be happy. Get her life back to the way it used to be, before all the mistakes she made.
- Is there a working title for this novel, and can we read more about it? I’ve changed it twice. First it was The Hour, but that is now the sequel title. This book is titled Times. I have posted quite a few scenes from the book on Google+. There’s a thing called Saturday Scenes, which was started by John Ward, and Times is my go-to book if I don’t have a scene. I talk about it a lot on Google+, that’s the only place you can read more about it.
- When can we expect the book to be published? I finished the first draft in April (I think). I’ve edited about ten pages since then. Honestly, this book won’t be out for another year or so (if I ever get the courage to start reading it again. It’s a mess. Well, it’s a NaNoWriMo story, of course it’s a mess).
And there you have it, you have just met my main character. I hope you enjoyed it, and I will talk to you again next week. Bye!
Oh look! Brooke Johnson did this too! Check out her post on her work-in-progress, Dark Lord In Training.
J. B. Wise also did this!