This Home Has A New Occupant

“After the doctor comes in, I’m walking out” Grandma told Mom Monday morning, not five minutes after Mom called the social worker, telling him she’s taking Grandma out on Tuesday.  After Mom got off the phone with Grandma, Mom called the social worker back and said, “I’m taking her out today.”  Mom and I headed up there around 3.  “I have a cold” Grandma told us.  Not only does she have a broken back, but she has a cold.  Great.  Mom told every nurse that came in to see her.  “Oh” they said, and looked at her.  That was all.  Contrary to popular belief, this does not make a cold go away.  Just letting you all know that for the next time you try out their method.  What I’m saying is, no one did anything.  By the time everyone got their act together, it was 6 o’clock, and we were out the door.

Grandma’s been sleeping this whole week, God bless her.  Fighting a cold and dealing with being hungry and the fact that she probably hasn’t slept in two months (she really hated that place, rehab).  We finally got the correct food on Thursday.  The other food that the rehab gave us did not sit well with her.  This one was just fine though.  Mom went up to the store on Tuesday to get Grandma’s medication, and came back two hours later.  Well, yea, that’s about right.  We do live 15 minutes away from the nearest gas station.  Anyway!  Angie, an R.N. came out to get paperwork done on Grandma on…Tuesday?  Well, let me tell you, she was not happy with the rehab center for sending Grandma home with a cold.  Not happy.  And a physical therapist came out, and then another nurse came out.  We’re having more visitors on Monday and Tuesday (an occupational therapist and a speech therapist).  At least she’ll have her therapy here and not an hour away, that will help Mom and I.

That’s about it.  Things are going pretty well.  Mom and I give her, her medicine and food, and when she’s asleep, we either sleep or watch t.v.  Poor Grandma, I tried giving her some noodles, but she just can’t eat solid food.  She almost died eating a french fry last week.  But, she can drink stuff.  She had tea the other day, and nothing bad happened.  So, at least she has that.

That’s all for now.  Talk to you next week.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s